Chicken Parmigiana: This recipe is an easy comforting food topped with mozzarella cheese and sauce which is cheesy with chicken cutlets coated with breadcrumbs cooked on the oven or stovetop.
What is Chicken Parmigiana
Earlier I have shared chicken parmesan, you can check that out, this recipe is also the same but with a different name. Let me explain what it is! Chicken parmigiana or Italian Pollo alla parmigiana is a dish that consists of breaded chicken breast covered in mozzarella, parmesan and tomato sauce or even provolone cheese.
A slice of ham or bacon is sometimes added for variations.
The easy chicken parmigiana recipe is originated from 20th century Italian diaspora. This dish is based on a combination of the Italian melanzane alla Parmigiana, a dish using breaded eggplant slices instead of chicken, with a breaded cutlet known as cotoletta generally served without sauce or cheese in Italy.
Chicken parmigiana is included as the base of several different meals, including pies and sandwiches and the meal is used as the subject of eating contests at some restaurants.
What to Serve with Chicken Parmigiana?
This best chicken parmigiana recipe can be served with your favorite side dishes like sauteed veggies, crisp green salad, over pasta and plenty of garlic bread.
How to Make Chicken Parmigiana?
Chicken Parmigiana is an easy comforting food topped with mozzarella cheese and sauce which is cheesy with chicken cutlets coated with breadcrumbs cooked on the oven or stovetop.
20 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (8-9 oz each)
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ quart milk
- 3 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- Parsley, to garnish
- Take a bowl and measure the flour and set aside.
- Take another bowl and mix the eggs and milk, breaking egg yolks, and set aside.
- Now measure the breadcrumbs in a third bowl and set aside.
- Pound the chicken breasts about ¼” thickness between sheets of plastic wrap.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Coat the chicken into the flour and then dip into egg and milk mixture, covering completely.
- Then into the breadcrumbs, covering evenly, removing excess.
- On a lined sheet tray place the breaded chicken in a single layer
- Preheat oven to broil and heat oil in a cast-iron pan at 155 degrees.
- Fry the chicken pieces until cooked through and golden brown for about 5 minutes per side.
- Now remove excess oil from the chicken by putting them on a paper towel.
- Top your fried chicken pieces with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve with your favorite side dishes like pasta, salad, etc.
Still Hungry Try These Delicious Chicken Recipes:
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this chicken parmigiana recipe which I make on a weekly basis. All the chicken lovers who are looking for olive garden chicken parmigiana will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms. And do follow us on Tumblr, Pinterest, facebook, twitter, and Instagram.