Keto Mexican Chicken Soup – This low carb mexican chicken soup is rich, creamy, and full of flavors with just 4g of net carbs is the best comforting soup that needs only 5 minutes of prep time.
Keto Mexican Chicken Soup – Notes
Chicken – Use any cooked leftover rotisserie or roasted chicken, just shred and add to the slow cooker. Otherwise, use chicken thighs that are boneless and skinless. Always prefer thighs over chicken breasts.
Spicy kick – Add diced green chilies or fresh or pickled jalapenos, ground cayenne pepper, or hot chili peppers for a spicy kick to this comforting keto creamy Mexican chicken soup.
Cheese – Use any type of cheese you have at your party, softened cream cheese is the best when making this type of soup. Alternatively, use mozzarella or Monterey Jack shredded cheese.
Spices – Add other spices like garlic powder, taco seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper to enhance the flavor.
Can I store this low carb Mexican chicken soup?
Pack them in an air-tight container and store them in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. If you want to freeze, then leave out the cheese as they don’t freeze well and start to separate. When you are ready to eat, thaw in the slow cooker, add the cheese and mix well until melted together.
How to serve this keto creamy chicken soup slow cooker?
Top with some sliced avocados, chopped coriander leaves, and extra shredded cheese and serve with cauliflower rice.
- 1 1/2 pound boneless skinless, chicken thigh
- 1 (14.5 ounces) can fire roasted tomatoes (or canned salsa)
- 1 1/2 cup chicken bone broth
- 1 cup shredded Monterey or Pepper Jack cheese (shredded mozzarella, softened cream cheese will also work)
- In a crockpot (6 quart), place the chicken thighs at the bottom. Add all the remaining ingredients.
- Cook on high 3-4 hours or on low 6-8 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and shred the chicken using two forks and add it back to the crockpot.
- Top with fresh coriander leaves, sour cream, and sliced avocados.
- Serve hot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 277Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 157mgSodium 481mgCarbohydrates 5gNet Carbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 35g
All Chicken Recipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although allchickenrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
- Keto French Onion Chicken
- Low Carb Chicken Lasagna Casserole
- Keto Greek Chicken Salad
- Low Carb Chicken and Asparagus
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this keto mexican chicken soup that I make weekly. All the chicken lovers who are looking for a low carb creamy mexican chicken soup slow cooker will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe, then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms.