Orange Chicken: This Chicken Recipe is very easy to make often found in Chinese restaurants and it can be ready in just 30 minutes. It’s fully loaded with flavor with crispy on the outside and sweet, tangy from inside. Serve this delicious orange chicken recipe with steamed vegetables and rice or salad and enjoy your weeknight meal with your friends and family.
You will get that salty, sweet, and sour blend from the vinegar, sugar and soy sauce and there’s some another taste that you will get from the ginger, garlic, and onion.
How to Make Orange Chicken?
I am making this Easy Orange Chicken recipe by deep frying the chicken but yes, to lower the calories i recommend fry it on a pan with less oil. It’s totally upto you, if you want that extra crispiness then deep fry it or else just pan fry.
How to Make Orange Chicken Sauce?
Orange Sauce is the main ingredient here that makes this recipe so good! It is super easy to make. Basically, it is a mixture of soy sauce, sesame oil, crushed red peppers vinegar, sugar, and orange zest.
Once you make this recipe I am sure everyone in your family will love this! And after taking the first bite, your family member will request to make this recipe again and again. So mouthwatering!
Crockpot Orange Chicken
- 4 (4-ounces each) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3/4 cup low-sugar orange preserves
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- Toasted sesame seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger, or to taste
- Grease your crock pot with cooking spray.
- In a skillet heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and brown all chicken pieces for 2 minutes each side.
- On the bottom of the crockpot, place chicken breasts one next to another, and season with salt pepper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine orange juice, preserves, soy sauce, orange preserves, garlic and ginger and mix.
- Pour over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2.5 to 3 hours or LOW for 4 to 5 hours.
- Now prepare the sesame seeds in the meantime.
- Heat the sesame seeds in a frying pan over medium heat about 30 seconds shaking the pan frequently. Set aside.
- Remove the chicken and transfer to a plate.
- Spoon the remaining orange sauce over chicken.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve with rice.
Instant pot Orange Chicken
- Turn your Instant Pot to saute then add 1/2 -1 tablespoon oil once it reads “HOT,” and let it heat for 1 minute.
- Add in chicken and saute for 2-3 minutes until just browned.
- Add in orange zest, brown sugar, orange juice, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, ginger and garlic to instant pot.
- Close the pot, and set the valve to seal.
- Set the button to “high pressure” and set your timer for 7 minutes.
- Turn off the instant pot and Let it naturally release the pressure for 5 minutes. Then do a quick release.
- Again Turn Instant Pot back to saute. Make a cornstarch mixture by mixing cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water.
- Add the mixture to pressure cooker and stir and boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with cauliflower rice or Instant steamed rice.
What to Serve with Orange Chicken?
You can serve your orange chicken with rice or maybe Fried Rice but make sure to use long grain basmati rice because it gives you that extra flavor, and if you are following a low carb diet then substitute fried rice with cauliflower rice.
Still Hungry Try these chicken recipes:
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this Easy Orange Chicken Recipe which I make on weekly basis. All the chicken lovers who are looking for Orange Chicken will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms. And do follow us on facebook, twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, and Instagram.