Keto Pulled Chicken – This low carb pulled chicken made in a crockpot, slow cooker or Instant pot is an easy and delicious crowd-pleasing recipe great for leftovers and those busy weekdays.
How to shred or pull the chicken?
There are several methods you can use to shred the chicken to make a delicious low carb pulled chicken recipe.
With your hands – First of all, it is important to warm the chicken (if using refrigerated chicken), warm in the microwave and shred with your hands to make really small pieces.
Double-fork method – Hold the chicken with one fork and shred with the other one and scrape the chicken pieces
Hand or a stand mixer – Place the chicken in a large bowl, lightly pull the chicken with your hands, turn on the mixer with beater attachment on low to medium speed and shred until fully broken apart.
Blender – Add the chicken into the blender, close the lid and pulse until shredded.
What type of chicken to use in this keto pulled chicken?
I am using chicken breasts, you can also use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead. Trim off any excess fat and adjust the seasonings after shredding.
Can I freeze/store this keto slow cooked pulled chicken?
You can easily store the leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days.
To freeze this instant pot keto pulled chicken, portion them into airtight containers or heavy-duty freezer bags, and store in the freezer for up to 5 months.
How to serve this keto bbq pulled chicken?
This is a very versatile recipe and can be served or enjoyed with several available options like coleslaw, keto cauliflower mac, and cheese, Macaroni salad, low carb hamburger buns, broccoli salad or Ceasar Salad
To make it a complete meal, add the leftovers to a salad, adjust with seasonings and you are ready with a complete main course meal. Other options to make it the main course meal – quesadillas, tacos, or chicken lunch wraps
How To Make Slow Cooker or Instant pot Pulled Chicken?
Keto Pulled Chicken (Slow Cooker or Instant Pot)
This low carb keto pulled chicken made in a crockpot, slow cooker or Instant pot is an easy and delicious crowd-pleasing recipe great for leftovers and those busy weekdays.
- 3 pounds chicken breasts, boneless skinless (or chicken thighs, trim off any excess fat)
- 4 ounce butter (or ghee)
- 6 ounce tomato paste
- 1/3 cup Swerve Brown sweetener (or Sukrin Gold, Lakanto, or Besti)
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar (if not available add more apple cider vinegar)
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard (i use this one)
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- In a medium bowl, add all the sauce ingredients and combine well.
- If you are using chicken from the refrigerator, let it cool down to room temperature for about 30 minutes before adding to the pot.
Slow Cooker -
- Place the chicken in a single layer to the crockpot.
- Add the sauce ingredients evenly all over the chicken.
- Cover with lid and cook on High for 3-4 hours or Low for 6-8 hours or until the meat thermometer reads 160 F.
- Remove the chicken, shred the chicken with a mixer or with two forks. Return the chicken to the crockpot, add butter or ghee. Stir, adjust the seasoning as per taste, and serve.
Instant Pot -
- Add the chicken into the instant pot.
- Pour the sauce ingredients into the instant pot over the chicken.
- Lock the lid and close the pressure valve. Cook on high for 5 minutes. When time is up, allow natural pressure release for about 5 minutes before opening the valve.
- Shred the chicken, add butter and ghee. Stir well and serve with over a salad or with a low carb hamburger.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1 (7 oz. with sauce)
Amount Per Serving Calories 411Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 175mgSodium 642mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 4gProtein 54g
All Chicken Recipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although allchickenrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
- Keto Chicken Pad Thai
- Cheesy Low Carb Chicken Fritters
- Chinese Low Carb Bourbon Chicken
- Keto Chicken Chowder Soup
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this keto bbq pulled chicken instant pot which I make weekly. All the chicken lovers who are looking for low carb pulled chicken instant pot or slow cooker recipe will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe, then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms.