Keto King Ranch Chicken – This low carb king ranch chicken casserole is a perfect make-ahead meal that is rich, creamy, and cheesy, layered with shredded chicken and low carb tortillas, baked until golden and bubbly.
Keto King Ranch Chicken – Variations
Use any low-carb tortilla (I use this)made with almond, coconut, or cassava flour. Or use shaved chicken breast instead.
This is optional, but you can add, red, yellow, and green bell peppers with the sauteed onions ().
Add tomatoes, black olives, poblano pepper instead of green chilies
Use extra jalapeños and green chilies to increase the heat.
Add chili flakes instead of chopped chilis plus some taco or cajun seasoning to taste
For a cheese combo, use white cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack
Use an 8X8 inch or a 9X9 inch pan, if you are a small family and dividing all the ingredients in half.
Keto King Ranch Chicken Slow Cooker
- Add all the ingredients to your crockpot except the sour cream and seasoning.
- Cook for 6 hours. After that, shred the chicken, add sour cream a bit of cream cheese (optional), sprinkle taco seasoning. Stir everything.
Can I make this low carb king ranch chicken casserole ahead of time?
This is a great meal prep recipe, if you are planning for dinner. Prepare it in the morning, right up to the baking part, and put into the refrigerator. When ready to bake, make it right away.
Can I store or freeze this low carb king ranch chicken?
Cool down to room temperature, wrap them and store them in the fridge for 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
When ready to eat, thaw it overnight in the fridge and bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
- 5 cups cooked chicken, chopped (or leftover rotisserie chicken)
- 16 ounces jarred tomato salsa (mild or hot)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced, peeled
- 1 large onions, peeled, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, chopped (optional)
- 1 (3.5 ounces) can green chiles, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or Monterey Jack)
- 20 low carb tortillas
- 2 cups sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the butter, once a little hot, add in onions, and garlic. Sauté for 3-5 minutes until softened. Add jalapeño (optional) and give it a good mix.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add chopped green chiles, cooked chicken, salsa, sour cream, cilantro, and cumin. Stir everything.
- Take out one-quarter of the chicken filling from the bowl and add to the bottom of the baking dish (3-quart). Top with 1 cup shredded cheese. Roughly tear the tortillas and spread them in a single layer over the chicken.
- Repeat the layering process, until all the tortillas are finished.
Spread one last spoon of chicken filling on the top with 1 cup of cheese.
- Transfer the casserole to the preheated oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes, until golden hot and bubbly.
- Let sit for about 5 minutes before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 381Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 115mgSodium 576mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 4gProtein 24g
All Chicken Recipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although allchickenrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
- Keto Pulled Chicken
- Low Carb Chicken Pad Thai With Shirataki Noodles
- Keto Cheesy Chicken Fritters
- Chinese Keto Bourbon Chicken
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this Keto King Ranch Chicken which I make weekly. All the chicken lovers who are looking for low carb king ranch chicken casserole recipe will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe, then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms.