Keto Thai Coconut Chicken Soup – This low carb thai coconut chicken Tom Kha Gai soup is creamy and rich in flavor made with chicken, ginger, lime, coconut milk, fish sauce, and others. Perfect for anytime, lunch or dinner.
Can we eat keto thai coconut chicken soup Tom kha gai on keto?
Traditionally Tom kha gai is served at restaurants with high sugar contents, extra lime juice plus rice, which is a complete no on a keto diet. But in this recipe, we are fixing the recipe a little bit with coconut milk, chicken broth, herbs, and spices, and make it rich and creamy coconut-based soup with a sour and spicy punch.
Keto Thai Coconut Chicken Soup – Notes
Soy Sauce – Use any low carb soy sauce or liquid aminos, to avoid soy and gluten, use coconut aminos.
Flavor – Red boat fish sauce brings a great flavor, but if you want, you can omit the fish sauce
Add lemongrass stalk if you have in hand, you will love it!
Use full-fat coconut milk, but you can use lite coconut milk to reduce calories from fat.
Make it vegetarian by adding vegetable stock and omitting the chicken.
Addition – add chopped or spiralized vegetables, zucchini noodles or even chayote.
What to serve with this low carb thai coconut curry chicken soup?
You can serve this alone and eat it right away, it’s very filling and rich. You can serve it alongside cauliflower rice or low carb naan roti.
Can I store this low carb Tom Kha Gai thai coconut chicken soup?
Pack them in an airtight food storage container and store in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
Keto Thai Coconut Chicken Soup (Low Carb)
This low carb keto thai coconut chicken Tom Kha Gai soup is creamy and rich in flavor made with chicken, ginger, lime, coconut milk, fish sauce, and others. Perfect for anytime, lunch or dinner.
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized
- 14 oz chicken broth (or vegetable stock)
- ¼ cup red boat fish sauce
- 14 oz full fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Thai garlic chili paste
- 1 oz lime juice
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos (or liquid aminos)
- 2 sprigs Thai basil fresh (if not available, use dried basil)
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Chopped cilantro, to garnish
- 3 1/2 water
- Heat a large stock pot over high heat, add water, chicken broth, lime juice, coconut milk, chili sauce, coconut aminos, fish sauce, ginger, and basil. Combine well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low-medium, add in chicken pieces, stir well, cover with the lid and simmer for about 25-30 minutes.
- After it's done, remove basil leaves and garnish with cilantro.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 166Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 6mgSodium 1150mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 0gSugar 3gProtein 5g
All Chicken Recipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although allchickenrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
- Keto Coconut Chicken Tenders
- Low Carb Caesar Salad With Chicken
- Keto Fathead Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- Low Carb King Ranch Chicken
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this keto Thai coconut chicken soup which I make weekly. All the chicken lovers who are looking for low carb Tom Kha Gai Thai coconut chicken soup will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe, then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms.