Keto Chicken Caesar Salad – This low carb caesar salad with chicken is loaded with lean protein with creamy homemade keto caesar salad dressing, perfect for your keto lunch made in just 30 minutes.
Keto Chicken Caesar Salad – Important Tips
You can use any keto-approved oil like avocado or olive oil.
Leave out the Anchovy if you don’t like them, but try to get one.
Romanian lettuce is a must for any caesar salad recipe, but you can use coss lettuce or mixed greens.
Chicken – use any Rotisserie or leftover chicken, or add some grilled or pan-cooked shrimp.
Try to use a block of Parmesan cheese and grate from it, because pre-shredded cheeses often comes with added starch.
Generally, this salad bowl is served with wheat croutons, but you can serve with Low carb bread or croutons.
Toppings – Add cherry tomatoes, chopped cucumbers, cooked bacon, or shrimp.
Can I make this keto caesar salad with chicken ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this ahead of time, but prepare them separately – Cook the chicken, cut the vegetables you want to add, then prepare the dressing and store in a separate container. When you are ready to serve, toss them together and eat immediately.
Can I store this keto friendly chicken caesar salad?
Yes, pack the dressing and the chicken salad separately in air-tight containers and store the leftover in the fridge for up to 3 days. Do not freeze. The dressing will be good for up to a week.
- 4 Chicken Breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Dried Oregano
- 4 boiled eggs, then peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Avocado, medium size, pitted and chopped
- 1 large Romaine lettuce, chopped into large pieces
- 2 tbsp. chives, chopped to garnish
For Salad Dressing:
- 1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 cup 2% Greek Yogurt
- Kosher Salt and Ground Pepper or to taste
- 1 oz. Anchovy fillets, minced, optional
- In a mixing bowl, add the chicken breasts, then oregano, olive oil, and salt. Coat well with the chicken, cover with plastic and let marinate for at least 1 hour in the fridge.
- In another bowl, add all the dressing ingredients and mix well until combined and refrigerate.
- Take the chicken bowl out from the fridge and cool down to room temperature for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the marinated chicken and cook for about 6-8 minutes. Flip the chicken and cook for another 4-6 minutes (In between do not move or press the chicken).
- After it's done, transfer to a cutting board and make slices as you need.
- In a serving bowl, add the chopped lettuce and avocado, then add peeled and sliced eggs and chicken.
- Add the prepared dressing to the bowl and toss to coat with the chicken and salad. Add grated parmesan cheese on the top with chopped chives.
- Add salt and pepper as per taste and enjoy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 589Total Fat 35gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 24gCholesterol 306mgSodium 838mgCarbohydrates 9gNet Carbohydrates 5gFiber 8gSugar 4gProtein 55g
All Chicken Recipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although allchickenrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.