Chicken Alfredo and Shrimp – This easy homemade creamy chicken alfredo with shrimp consists of delicious Alfredo sauce, tender chicken pieces, and juicy shrimp takes less than 25 minutes to get ready on your dinner table.
This fettuccine alfredo with chicken and shrimp is way better than most of the Italian restaurants and believe me some of my friends even told me that I was also better than Olive garden.
This chicken and shrimp fettuccine alfredo can be served with a simple green salad on the side or you can add other vegetables like broccoli, mushrooms, etc to make it a heavy dinner meal.
Chicken Alfredo With Shrimp Pasta Important Tips
- You can substitute the fettuccine for tortellini or penne and make it a delicious chicken and shrimp penne alfredo.
- You can add fresh minced garlic when you flip the shrimp to finish cooking it.
- The sauce itself is so creamy and good but you can add a touch of cayenne the bring the flavors alive!
- Add some frozen peas and red pepper flakes.
- I am using Parmigiano cheese but if it’s not available in your local market then just use a regular block parmesan.
- You may garnish it with some bacon bits for a crunch.
- Use half & half instead of heavy cream
- Add vegetables like garlic, mushrooms, broccoli, shallots.
- 1 chicken breast, skinless, boneless, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3/4 pound medium/large shrimp (about 16), peeled and deveined, tails removed (if frozen, thawed)
- 12 oz. fettuccine
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted (about 8 tbsp)
- 2 cups heavy cream (or half and half)
- 1 1/2 cups Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, freshly grated (or grated Romano cheese)
- 1/2 - 1 tbsp cajun seasoning
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Kosher salt
- 2 pinches nutmeg, freshly grated
- 2 tbsp olive oil, for cooking and tossing
- Heat a large pot, add water and salt, bring it to a boil.
- Add pasta, and cook as per the package instruction until tender or al dente but still slightly firm.
- Strain, and toss with little olive oil to avoid sticking.
- Pat dry the shrimp with a paper towel, season with salt and pepper.
- Season the chicken with cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, add 2 tbsp of the butter, once melted, add the shrimp, raise the heat to medium-high and cook for about 3-4 minutes or until cooked through, flipping them in between. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- On the same pan, add olive oil or butter. Add the chicken and cook for about 5-8 minutes or until no longer pink from inside and cooked through. Set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the remaining butter. Scrape off any bits sticking to the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon. When the butter has fully melted, whisk in the cream and nutmeg and bring it to a simmer, lower the heat and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk in Parmigiano cheese into the sauce. Add the cooked shrimp, chicken and pasta, toss well to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with bacon bits and serve hot.
Amount Per Serving Calories 541Total Fat 45gSaturated Fat 26gCholesterol 133mgSodium 1034mgCarbohydrates 16gSugar 4gProtein 23g
Still Hungry! Try My Other Delicious Alfredo Recipes:
- Chicken Alfredo Crock Pot
- Easy Chicken Alfredo Pasta With Broccoli
- Chicken Alfredo Fettuccine Pasta
- Chicken Alfredo Pasta Penne
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this recipe for chicken and shrimp fettuccine alfredo which I make on a weekly basis. All the chicken lovers who are looking for chicken and shrimp alfredo pasta will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms. And do follow us on Tumblr, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.