Keto Mushroom Chicken – This low carb chicken and mushroom casserole one pan recipe is loaded with amazing flavors with creamy garlic parmesan mushroom sauce made in less than 30 minutes perfect to serve with salad, pasta, or cauliflower on those busy weeknights.
Keto Mushroom Chicken Casserole – Important Tips
Cream – For the heavy whipping cream, you can use coconut cream, half & half, light cream, or evaporated milk, and for the sour cream, use dairy-free yogurt.
Mushrooms – Use any type of mushrooms you have in hand, baby Bella mushrooms, sliced White or crimini are preferred.
Herbs – Add a few tablespoons of fresh herbs like – parsley, chives, rosemary, dill, or cilantro. You can also leave out the herbs altogether if you don’t have any on hand.
Chicken – I am using chicken tenderloin, you can buy them on sale at a very good price. If not, thinly pounded (cut in half horizontally) boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts will also work.
Sauce – If the sauce does not reach your desired thickness, cook for a little longer and sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon of xanthan gum.
Alternate – If you don’t like mushrooms, swap it with Brussels, radishes, or broccoli.
Can I store this keto chicken thighs with mushroom sauce?
Yes, after it’s cooked, let it cool down to room temperature. Pack them in airtight container and store them in the refrigerator for up to 5-6 days.
How to serve this keto chicken and mushroom casserole?
Serve on a bed of steamed vegetables, dressed arugula salad, freshly toasted garlic bread. pasta, rice, or zoodles. Also, you can serve with cauliflower rice & steamed broccoli with butter on it for sides.
- 1 pound chicken tenderloin (or boneless, skinless chicken thighs)
- ½ pound mushrooms, thickly sliced
- ½ cup heavy cream (or coconut cream)
- ¼ cup sour cream (or dairy-free yogurt)
- 2 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, add half of both butter and olive oil.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and sear in batches until browned. Remove and set aside.
- Add the remaining butter and oil to the skillet. Add the mushrooms and cook until crispy and browned.
- Add the garlic, chicken stock, and herbs, and deglaze the pan, scraping from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the sour cream and heavy cream, and simmer until sauce starts to thicken. Cook a little longer if the sauce doesn't reach your desired thickness. Do not boil, as the cream could split out.
- Return the cooked chicken to the pan and toss to coat with the sauce. Cook for additional 5 minutes. Done!
- Serve hot with mashed cauliflower, or pasta or toasted garlic bread.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 459Total Fat 31gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 155mgSodium 263mgCarbohydrates 5gNet Carbohydrates 4gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 39g
All Chicken Recipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although allchickenrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
- Keto Chicken Kiev
- Low Carb Tom Kha Gai Soup
- Keto Coconut Crusted Chicken Tenders
- Low Carb Chicken Caesar Salad
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this keto mushroom chicken which I make weekly. All the chicken lovers who are looking for low carb chicken casserole with mushroom sauce will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe, then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms.