Keto Chicken and Asparagus – This creamy low carb chicken and asparagus is made in less than 30 minutes with flavor-packed juicy chicken breasts and a creamy delicious sauce with just 5g of net carbs perfect for your keto dinner or lunch.
Keto Chicken and Asparagus – Notes
Chicken – Use medium-sized boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in equal size for better and evenly cooking. Large chicken breasts, chicken things, or drumsticks will also work, but it will take longer to cook.
Seasonings – I am just using simple garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Try adding oregano, paprika, dried thyme to change the taste.
Oil – Nothing is better when the chicken is fried in butter, it gives a nice flavor to this dish. Use avocado oil or olive oil instead.
Cream – For the heavy cream, use half and half instead
Add some red pepper flakes to give it a different kick.
Veggies – This keto creamy lemon chicken and asparagus recipe is very versatile. Switch the veggies as per your taste. Add sliced mushrooms, chopped baby spinach, chopped broccoli or cauliflower florets, green peppers, or brussels sprouts.
Can I store this keto one skillet chicken and asparagus?
Pack the sauce and chicken separately in an air-tight container and store in the fridge for up to 4-5 days. When ready to eat, heat a skillet and reheat the chicken and sauce separately or pop into the microwave and heat a 50% power or until warmed through.
What to serve with this low carb creamy chicken and asparagus?
Serve over riced cauliflower, zucchini zoodles, or over a bed of green leafy salad bowl with sliced avocado on the top.
Keto Chicken and Asparagus (One Skillet)
This creamy low carb keto chicken and asparagus is made in less than 30 minutes with flavor-packed juicy chicken breasts and a creamy delicious sauce with just 5g of net carbs perfect for your keto dinner or lunch.
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into thin cutlets
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced (or sliced medium onion)
- 12 stalks fresh asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 3-inch
- 1 cup heavy cream (or half and half)
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, or to taste
- Pound the chicken on all sides. Season the cutlets with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add olive oil, once hot, add the chicken breasts and cook uncovered for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the butter to the skillet. Add trimmed asparagus, salt, and pepper. Stir cook for 2-3 minutes. Add minced shallot, cover, and cook for about 3 minutes, string occasionally or until tender and crisp.
- Add the heavy cream, increase the heat to medium-high, bring to a simmer, and let cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring often.
- Add extra with salt and pepper as per your taste.
- Place the butter fried chicken in the skillet over the creamy asparagus and spoon some sauce over the chicken.
- Sprinkle fresh chopped parsley and serve hot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 478Total Fat 32gSaturated Fat 16gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 177mgSodium 224mgCarbohydrates 8gNet Carbohydrates 5gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 38g
All Chicken Recipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although allchickenrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
- Keto Chicken Francese
- Low Carb Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
- Keto Creamy Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Low Carb Cheesy Chicken Taquitos
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this keto chicken and asparagus skillet that I make weekly. All the chicken lovers who are looking for a low carb chicken breast with asparagus will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe, then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms.