Keto Chicken Noodle Soup – This low carb chicken noodle soup is loaded with healthy protein, fats, and vegetables that is super filling and comforting with just 3g of net carbs, perfect for your low carb lunch.
Keto Chicken Noodle Soup – Tips
Chicken – Use raw skinless boneless chicken and cook with little salt and pepper, shred with hands or two forks, or use any store-bought rotisserie chicken.
Noodles – It’s very important to make this recipe low carb, so if you ask me, Is Campbell’s chicken noodle soup keto-friendly? Absolutely No! It contains gluten, has 8g of carbs per serving plus the serving size is half cup, that’s a lot of carbs.
It’s better to make your homemade keto egg noodles or instead use cabbage, spaghetti squash, zoodles, hearts of palm noodles, or shirataki noodles. Shirataki fettuccine noodles is a good option, per 100g of noodles – it has less than 1g of net carbs, which is perfect.
Omit the noodles – You can simply omit the noodles completely and make it a keto no noodle chicken soup, it will still be delicious. Add more vegetables – celery, onions, and carrots (in moderation) to make it more filling.
How to serve this keto creamy chicken noodle soup?
It’s so comforting that you can eat this all alone, if you wish, serve with simple chopped garden salad, low carb crackers or keto bread rolls.
Can I store this low carb chicken noodle soup?
Yes, you can store the leftover soup, cool down to room temperature, pack it in air tight container, and store in the fridge for up to 5-7 days. Or freeze it for up to 6 months freezer friendly airtight containers or gallon bags.
How to reheat this low carb homemade chicken noodle soup?
When you are ready to reheat, thaw it overnight in the fridge, it may take 1-2 days. Or, put a warm bowl of water to speed up the process. Once it’s defrosted, heat a saucepan over medium heat, warm the soup until hot. If you want more liquid, half a cup of water.
Keto Chicken Noodle Soup (Low Carb)
This low carb keto chicken noodle soup is loaded with healthy protein, fats, and vegetables that is super filling and comforting with just 3g of net carbs, perfect for your low carb lunch.
- 2 cups shredded chicken, cooked
- 3 cups chicken bone broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup chopped carrots
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon xanthan gum
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon onion powder, optional
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup water, luke warm
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Heat a large stock pot over medium high heat. Add butter and let it melt. Add onion, carrots, celery, and salt. Cook until just tender (do not cook completely).
- Pour in chicken broth, add bay leaf, shredded chicken. Stir everything, bring to a rolling boil, then reduce the heat and simmer uncovered.
- Meanwhile, lets prepare the egg noodles, in a small mixing bowl, add almond flour, xanthan gum, salt, and onion powder (optional), combine well.
- Add egg with hot water. Whisk well until well combined and make a dought out of it.
- Take two sheets of parchment paper and place the dough in between.
- Roll the dough from over the parchment paper and then slice into ¼ inch thick using a pizza cutter or knife.
- Lay a sheet of parchment paper into the baking tray, transfer the noodles and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes at 200 degrees.
- After it's done cooking, remove noodles from the oven.
- Turn off the stovetop, add the noodles to the soup.
- Serve hot immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 269Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 76mgSodium 693mgCarbohydrates 6gNet Carbohydrates 3gFiber 3gSugar 3gProtein 21g
All Chicken Recipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although allchickenrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
- Keto Tuscan Chicken
- Low Carb Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole With Broccoli
- Keto Hungarian Paprika Chicken
- Low Carb One Pan Mushroom Chicken
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this keto chicken noodle soup no noodles which I make weekly. All the chicken lovers who are looking for low carb chicken noodle soup will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe, then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms.