Keto chicken parmesan casserole – This low carb chicken parmesan casserole is an easy family friendly and kids approved dish that baked in homemade marinara sauce and topped with gooey mozzarella cheese that can be made in less than 40 minutes.
Can i eat chicken parmesan on keto?
Yes, you can! This low carb chicken parmesan baked casserole is a 100% keto approved dish plus the cheese in here provides healthy fats and protein.
Can i freeze keto chicken parmesan casserole?
Yes of course! Eat as much as you can and tightly pack the leftovers to an airtight container and store in the freezer for up to 1-2 months. When ready to eat, thaw overnight in the fridge and reheat on 350F.
How to serve this keto chicken parmesan baked casserole?
This is a standalone dish but you can add leafy garden salad with mixed greens and if you are looking for a simple low carb side dish for chicken parmesan then add roasted broccoli or asparagus. You can use zoodles, low carb bread, or keto cheddar garlic biscuits is also a great option.
Pork rinds – I am using pork rinds here to add the texture but you can substitute them with 1/4 cup of almond flour and 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
Marinara Sauce – You can buy the low carb marinara sauce by Rao’s brand or Mezzetta’s and the ALDI’s marinara sauce. Or simply prepare the easy homemade sauce as per the instruction below.
- 28 ounces can organic crushed tomatoes (no salt added)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon swerve granular (or erythritol)
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh organic basil, chopped
- Pinch of salt and fresh ground pepper
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat and add olive oil for frying. Once a little hot, add garlic and saute for about 30 seconds.
- Add in the wine and stir well or until most of the wine has evaporated.
- Add crushed tomatoes, pepper, salt, swerve, and basil.
- Simmer on medium-low heat for about 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently in every 4-5 minutes.
Keto Chicken Parmesan Casserole
This low carb keto chicken parmesan casserole is an easy family friendly and kids approved dish that baked in homemade marinara sauce and topped with gooey mozzarella cheese that can be made in less than 40 minutes.
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless skinless, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup ground pork rinds
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 1/4 cups grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, fresh grounded
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Olive oil for frying
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups Marinara Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Add the pork rinds into the food processor and grind well. Remove and set aside. Now add the parmesan cheese cubes and grind well, similar to the pork rinds.
- In a mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients and 1 cup of the grated parmesan and mix until well combined.
- In another mixing bowl beat the eggs. Dip each piece of chicken into the egg and then into the bowl of dry breading mixture. Set aside in a plate.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil and add the breaded chicken pieces one by one at a time and fry for a couple of minutes each side (Don't fully cook it)
- Once done frying, remove them on paper towel plate. Now add the nuggets into a large mixing bowl. Add 1 cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese and the marinara sauce and toss to combine.
- Take a 9″ x 14″ casserole or glass baking dish, spray with the non stick spray, and pour the mixture.
- Top with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and the remaining 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Place it into the preheated oven and bake for about 25 minutes or until the cheese is slightly golden.
- Once baked, allow to cool slightly and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 403Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 133mgSodium 918mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 3gSugar 4gProtein 36g
All Chicken Recipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although allchickenrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
- Keto Avocado Chicken Salad
- 10 Minute Low Carb Chicken Salad
- Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Casserole
- Keto Chicken Patties
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this keto chicken parmesan casserole with almond flour which I make on a weekly basis. All the chicken lovers who are looking for low carb chicken parmesan casserole with pork rinds will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms.