Keto Avocado Chicken Salad – This low carb avocado chicken salad is a deliciously creamy, quick, and easy meal made in just 10 minutes contains lean protein with shredded chicken and healthy fats that you serve it with tortillas for a filling lunch.
Can I freeze this keto chicken salad with avocado?
No, I don’t recommend you to do that because it has mayo and if you freeze this, the oil separation will make it soggy in texture.
Can I store this keto chicken salad stuffed avocado?
Yes, you can, to avoid avocado from browning, plastic wrap tightly onto the surface of the salad and store in the refrigerator for about 2-3 days.
The lemon juice will prevent some browning but since there is avocado in this creamy mayo, it can start to turn brown quickly so I recommend you to eat it within a few hours on the same day or eat it right away.
- You can use chopped red onion, green onions or chives, and keep a bag of frozen chopped avocado to save more time.
- If you don’t like avocados, use the yogurt, traditional mayonnaise, or sour cream.
- Make it keto chicken salad with avocado and bacon (use chopped cooked bacon), use lemon juice to counteracts the “heavy” flavor of the bacon.
- Try adding some thawed broccoli to make it heavier.
- If you don’t cilantro (coriander) use parsley instead.
Keto avocado and chicken salad Add ins
- Add cucumbers, sliced almonds, chopped pecans, walnuts or cashews, chopped hard-boiled eggs
- Sliced green onion or cherry tomatoes
- Use spices or seasonings like – smoked paprika, curry powder, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper.
Try these other low carb keto chicken salad recipes:
- Easy Keto Chicken Salad
- Chicken Salad with Grapes
- Easy Chicken Salad with Pecans
- Low Carb Chicken Salad Sandwich
- 2 avocados
- 2 cups shredded chicken (or leftover rotisserie chicken)
- ¼ cup red onion, diced (or green onion)
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves (or fresh parsley)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Take a large mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients and mix well until well combined with the avocado.
- Serve immediately or wrap it with low carb tortillas.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 251Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 38mgSodium 274mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 5gSugar 1gProtein 13g
All Chicken Recipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although allchickenrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
- Keto Chicken Broccoli Casserole
- Low Carb Chicken Patties
- Keto Chicken Pot Pie
- Low Carb Parmesan Crusted Chicken
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this keto chicken salad avocado mayo which I make on a weekly basis. All the chicken lovers who are looking for keto zesty chicken and avocado salad will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms. And do follow us on Tumblr, Pinterest, Facebook, twitter, and Instagram.