Keto chicken tikka masala – This low carb chicken tikka masala is a classic Indian restaurant-style dish that is so rich and flavorful with amazing finger-licking red creamy sauce served over cauliflower rice or any low carb veggies.
If you aren’t familiar with Indian dishes, don’t worry! I will guide you to make this awesome keto friendly chicken tikka masala from scratch. This recipe can be made in just 20 minutes of cooking time.
Can I Eat Chicken Tikka Masala on Keto?
The traditional chicken tikka masala that I have already shared a year back contains a lot of carbs because of the ingredients and also it is served over white rice or naan bread. A No No on the keto diet!
But the recipe I am sharing today is 100% keto approved and this chicken tikka masala low carb recipe only contains 5 g of net carbs.
Can I Make This Recipe with Boneless Chicken Thighs?
Yes, you can use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts and that is what I am using in this recipe, but make sure to trim any excess fat from the thighs before using them.
But believe me if you think that using chicken breasts will dry out and get rubbery, then no, it’s not the case here, the chicken pieces will be so tender, juicy from inside and you will love it. (i have already tried this)
How To Make This Low Carb Chicken Tikka Masala in Slow Cooker?
- Take a large bowl, add all the marinade ingredients and mix well until well combined.
- Add the chicken pieces and mix or until well coated and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Heat a pan over high heat. Add the chicken with the marinade and cook for 4-5 minutes or until charred, stirring and flipping the chicken in between to sear all sides.
- Transfer them to the slow cooker (don’t put the marinade sticking to the pan, if any). Add all sauce ingredients, except the cream, stir to combine well. Secure the lid and cook on high for 2 hours.
- After its cooked, add the coconut cream and stir to combine until the sauce turns orange.
- Done! Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot over a bed of cauliflower rice.
What to Serve With This Low Carb Chicken Tikka Masala?
This dish is so delicious that I can eat it all alone without any rice or bread but enjoy it with keto naan bread, cauliflower rice, roasted vegetables. spinach, and broccoli.
Still Hungry! Try these other low carb keto chicken recipes:
- Hasselback Chicken Breast
- Low Carb General Tso Chicken
- Keto Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Low Carb Chicken Alfredo Baked Casserole
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this keto chicken tikka masala curry which I make on a weekly basis. All the chicken lovers who are looking for keto diet chicken tikka masala will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms. And do follow us on Tumblr, Pinterest, facebook, twitter, and Instagram.