Keto French Onion Chicken – This low carb french onion chicken made in one skillet is rich and loaded with amazing flavors served over a bed of cauliflower rice or sauteed greens.
Keto French Onion Chicken – Tips
Onion – Use any type of onion you have in hand. Sweet onion for brighter flavor right at the end, Red onion for deep flavor, Yellow onion for mild bitterness, and Shallot for a perfect balance of rich flavors and bitterness.
Chicken – Use skinless chicken thighs or breasts or chicken tenderloins, cut in thin half so they cook evenly.
Spices – Don’t add too much salt and pepper because the canned bouillon or chicken broth has already salt in it. Check on that.
Add some red pepper flakes to the onions to get a little kick of flavor.
Garnish with fresh parsley, oregano, or with Herbs de Provence to add some vibrant color
Can I store this low carb french onion chicken?
Yes, it’s very easy. Pack the leftovers in air-tight or glass storage containers and store them in the refrigerator for 2 -3 days
Reheat – Heat these french onion chicken in the oven. Preheat at 350˚F and reheat for about 10 minutes or until warmed through.
You can also microwave for 15 seconds for each interval increment and check the temperature each time.
What to serve with keto french onion chicken?
Serve this low carb onion french chicken over simple cauliflower rice or with sauteed green beans and broccoli. You can also serve this with keto Caesar salad, low cab breadsticks, or keto-friendly French bread.
- Heat a large oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Add butter to let it melt. Add sliced onion saute for 4-5 minutes until soft golden and translucent. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add chicken thighs to the skillet and cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Add the fried onion, some around and some on the top of the chicken thighs. Add chopped thyme and let cook for a few more minutes or until onion starts to caramelize.
- Gently stir in bouillon and vinegar. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 12-15 minutes (covered) or until the stock has reduced and the chicken is fully cooked through.
- Spead the chopped cheese on the top of each chicken piece. Cover with a lid to let it melt. Alternatively, place the skillet under a preheated grill for 4-5 minutes.
- Serve hot and pair with cauliflower rice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 285Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 115mgSodium 2271mgCarbohydrates 5gNet Carbohydrates 4gFiber 0gSugar 3gProtein 36g
All Chicken Recipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although allchickenrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
- Keto Chicken Lasagna
- Low Carb Greek Chicken Salad Bowl
- Keto One Skillet Chicken and Asparagus
- Low Carb Francese With Buttery Sauce
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this keto french onion chicken that I make weekly. All the chicken lovers who are looking for a low carb french onion soup chicken will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe, then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms.