Smoked Chicken: We all love to eat Smoked chicken and it is far better than any rotisserie chicken you can easily get to purchase at the local stores. The meat is juicy & moist with a lovely smokey flavor.
One more thing why we love smoked chicken is the amount of leftovers that we get because whenever we make something we always make some extra amount, knowing that the meat will be great in sandwiches, wraps or on pizza. To make chicken broth for a soup you can use the carcass with so much flavor.
So, let’s jump into the recipe how I prepare and smoke my Smoked Chicken. Firstly, let me talk about my rub. instead of wood chips, I recommend using wood chunks for this recipe. I find that the meat turns out more flavorful and the chunks produce more smoke. There are so many different rubs and different types of wood out there!
Smoked Chicken is one of those foods that put a smile on your face while you lick your fingers to clean. This smoked chicken recipe is so Juicy, melt in your mouth and totally the opposite of complicated. And it is full of flavor from the light apple wood smoke, Sweet BBQ Chicken Rub, and a sweet/tangy Kansas City BBQ Sauce. But in this recipe, I am making Smoked Chicken Wings for BBQ Smoked Chicken check here.
How to Make Smoked Chicken
Set Smoker at 225-250 degrees F to make these wings, and to reach 160 degrees F it will take approximately 35-45 minutes per pound of chicken. Or, push all your coals to one side (don’t put wings directly over the coals), If using a grill, I like to take my smoked chicken out of the smoker and until the temperature rises to 165 degrees F I let it rest for 10 minutes. Click here for Smoked Thigh variant and Smoked Breast.
Firstly, you need to prepare your wings and rub. So can buy Chicken wings whole so that you can separate the drumette, wing, and the tip by cutting them between the joints. And then toss the tips and pat down the wings, drumettes and put the wings in a large mixing bowl after removing the moisture.
In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients together than over your wings pour the oil. And to coat all the wings, Mix it around. Next, over the wings pour some of your rub and mix it well. Ensure that they are equally coated with the rub.
After, for an hour at least, set them aside in the fridge.
This smoked chicken recipe is so juicy & moist with a lovely smokey flavor and it justs melt in your mouth and totally the opposite of complicated.
10 minPrep Time
2 hrCook Time
2 hr, 10 Total Time
- 1/4 cup dry rub for chicken
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 16 chicken wings, tips discarded
- 1 (8 ounces) bottle blue cheese salad dressing
- 1 pound mesquite wood chips , soaked in water
- In a large bowl, Place your chicken wings. Pour in olive oil and coat well with your hands. Add the dry rub and coat evenly.
- Heat smoker to 77 - 93 degrees C (170 - 200 degrees F) according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Drain and place half of the wood chips directly on the charcoal. On the cooking grate skin-side down, Spread your wings evenly.
- Smoke the wings for about 1-hour or until fragrant.
- Flip your wings and add the remaining wood chips to the charcoal. Continue smoking for 1 more hour or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Finally, serve your chicken wings with blue cheese dressing .
Still Hungry!! Try these Chicken Recipes:
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this Smoked Chicken Recipe which I make on weekly basis. All the Chicken Lovers who are looking for Smoked chicken will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms.
3 thoughts on “Smoked Chicken – [Easy] Smoked Chicken Wings”