Chicken Nuggets – This chicken nuggets homemade recipe can be made under 25 minutes which are so crispy from the outside and tender juicy from inside that can be oven baked or fried and served with your favorite dipping sauce.
Earlier I have already shared the fried chicken recipe, do check that out because it’s a great hit on my blog. But these chicken nuggets are special and you will feel like eating chicken Mcnuggets from Mcdonalds.
How To Make Fried Chicken Nuggets?
For the baked version, check the recipe card below.
- Follow the steps up to the breading of the chicken as instructed below.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- Add the chicken pieces and fry them for about 4 – 5 minutes per side until golden brown and crispy or the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
How To These Chicken Nuggets In Air fryer?
- Preheat air fryer at 400ºF for 8-10 minutes.
- Follow the steps up to the breading as directed below.
- In a single layer, place chicken in the air fryer basket.
- Spray the chicken nuggets with little olive oil spray and cook for about 7 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165ºF.
- Do not overcook and cook them in batches.
Can I Store The Leftovers?
Absolutely! Put them on a sealable airtight container or wrap them in a plastic wrap store them in the fridge for up to 3 days. When ready to eat, just pop them in the microwave or oven until warmed through (Note: It will not be that crispier though)
Can I Freeze These Easy Chicken Nuggets?
Once the breading of the chicken is done, freeze them for 1 hour, transfer to sealable ziploc bags and store for up to 3 months. When you are ready to bake, bake at 375˚F for 15 min on the middle rack or just until cooked through (see the detailed instruction below).
What To Serve With These Nuggets?
You can serve these with any of your favorite dipping sauce. I love to serve these with bbq sauce and sometimes I toss them with Franks red hot buffalo sauce after it is cooked (i request you to try this one, you will love it).
This chicken nuggets homemade recipe can be made under 25 minutes which are so crispy from the outside and tender juicy from inside that can be oven baked or fried and served with your favorite dipping sauce.
20 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 pound chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into even 1-inch cubes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3/4 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Set a large wire rack over the baking sheet and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the panko crumbs on a separate baking sheet, spread into an even layer, drizzle with little olive oil and toss them.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 3-5 minutes or until slightly toasted and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and place it into a bowl. Add thyme, cayenne pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Give it a good mix.
- In another bowl beat the eggs, add little salt and pepper and whisk together.
- Dip the chicken pieces in egg bowl, then transfer to panko mixture, toss well and transfer to prepared wire rack.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 15 - 19 minutes or until crispy and golden brown and the internal temperature at center reaches 165 degrees.
- Done! Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Variation - To give it extra crisp and crunchy, dust with grated parmesan cheese on the top and then bake.
Still Hungry! Try These Other Delicious Chicken Recipes:
- Easy Chinese Pineapple Chicken Bowl
- Best Chicken Vegetable Soup
- Chicken Salad with Grapes and Almonds
- Pan Fried Chicken Thighs
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy these chicken nuggets McDonald’s style which I make on a weekly basis. All the chicken lovers who are looking for baked chicken nuggets will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms. And do follow us on Tumblr, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.