Pineapple Chicken – Tossed in a sweet and savory sauce loaded with flavors this easy juicy, tender stir fry chicken with pineapple and vegetables is way better than take out and is perfect for a great family dinner meal.
What Chicken Meat can be used to make the best chicken and pineapple recipe?
I always recommend you to use chicken thighs, although you can use chicken breast if you don’t have thighs in hands (you 4 medium size chicken breasts) but always remember that the meat will not be as tender and juicy compared to thighs.
How is the flavor of this Chinese Pineapple Chicken?
As I have mentioned earlier, it loaded with hell lot of flavors! It is tangy and sweet because of the fresh pineapple and you will notice a bit of crunch to every bite. This dish is very similar to sweet and sour chicken which I have already shared earlier (check that out) because, in that recipe, the chicken is deep-fried instead of being stir-fried.
Can we Meal Prep this Chicken Pineapple?
Yes of course! This dish can be made ahead of time and a perfect meal prep recipe that can be helpful in your busy days, when ready to eat, reheat on the stovetop.
Can be Freeze this Sticky Pineapple Chicken?
Unfortunately No! It doesn’t freeze well due to the pineapple but yes you can store it in the fridge for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
What to Serve with this Chinese Style Pineapple and Chicken?
Serve it over plain rice, coconut rice, alongside with mango salad for a perfect pineapple chicken bowl. If you are serving this to your guests, then serve the chicken and rice inside a hollowed-out pineapple.
Quick Tips and Tricks
- You can always use chicken breasts cut into cubes for a healthier and lean meat option.
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Use ketchup If you don’t have hoisin sauce handy
- Make it spicier by adding 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes
How to Make Pineapple Chicken?
Pineapple Chicken - Tossed in a sweet and savory sauce loaded with flavors this easy juicy, tender stir fry chicken with pineapple and vegetables that is way better than take out and is perfect for a great family dinner meal.
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into 1" pieces
- 2 bell peppers, any color, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple chunks, fresh or canned
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp cornstarch, or flour, mixed with 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp soy sauce, low sodium
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- Cooked white rice (optional)
- Take a medium bowl and whisk all the sauce ingredients together - hoisin sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat up a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add oil, once hot add the chicken to the skillet.
- Sauté the chicken until lightly browned for about 2 minutes per side.
- Now add bell peppers, onion, and pineapple chunks and sauté until crisp and tender.
- Add the sauce mixture, bring to a boil and stir continuously until the chicken pieces are well coated.
- Once done, remove from heat and serve the chicken and rice inside a hollowed-out pineapple or just over plain rice.
Still Hungry! Try These Other Delicious Chicken Recipes:
- Chicken Vegetable Soup
- Chicken Salad with Grapes and Pecans
- Pan Fried Chicken Thighs
- Instant Pot Chicken Breast and Rice
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this chinese pineapple chicken which I make on a weekly basis. All the chicken lovers who are looking for pineapple chicken and rice will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms. And do follow us on Tumblr, Pinterest, facebook, twitter, and Instagram.