Chicken Vegetable Soup – This hearty chicken vegetable soup recipe is loaded with shredded chicken, potatoes and other vegetables like broccoli, mushrooms, carrots. This is absolutely an ultra-comforting and the best chicken vegetable soup recipe ever.
This Chicken and Vegetable Soup reminds me of the easy chicken noodle soup which I have shared earlier, the flavor is very similar, just without pasta. By the way, I have also shared the instant pot version as well, you can check that out.
Chicken and Vegetable Soup – Variations (Make it more Flavorful)
- Add celery seed or celery salt, instead of fresh celery.
- Add white wine vinegar for acidity and a richer flavor, pairing with the onions and cabbage.
- Try adding dry vermouth or white wine, this can help you discover some undetectable additional flavors that are already present because some flavor compounds are more soluble in alcohol than water.
- Add cooking sherry before salting the soup to make the soup taste fancier when serving canned soups to guests.
- Thyme, rosemary, and parsley flakes/stems (adds herbal and aromatic flavors)
- For umami and spiciness add Worcestershire sauce.
- A pinch or two of cayenne and paprika adds back and warmth heat, and smokiness
- Dijon mustard to add little richness to the soup
- A little more salt and pepper
Can I substitute water for chicken broth?
Look, I will not recommend it, but yes you can use plain water but make sure to add little butter or oil with the water to mimic the fat in chicken broth.
How long is vegetable soup good for?
You can store this in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days maximum. If you want to extend the shelf life of cooked vegetable soup then you can also freeze it in covered airtight containers or heavy-duty freezer bags.
How to Make Slow Cooker Chicken Vegetable Soup?
It is pretty much the same as mentioned in the recipe card below. Combine all the ingredients in the crockpot and cook on Low for 2-4 hours until vegetables are tender.
How to Make Instant Pot Chicken Vegetable Soup?
For the instant pot version, we will be adding and switching some of the ingredients – use 1 lb. boneless raw chicken breasts instead of cooked chicken, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 cloves garlic and 1/3 cup onion, diced, 14 ounce can diced tomatoes and everything else will be the same.
So here is the process:
- Turn on the instant pot to saute mode, add olive oil, onion, and garlic; saute for 5 minutes.
- Add raw chicken, broth, all the vegetables, seasonings, and spices. Stir all together, close and lid and cook on soup setting.
- Once done, allow it to depressurize. open the open, carefully remove the chicken and shred by using two forks and add it back to the soup.
- Serve hot, garnish with fresh cilantro or basil.
Still Hungry! Try These Other Delicious Chicken Recipes:
- Chicken Salad with Grapes
- Pan Fried Chicken Breast
- Chicken Noodle Casserole
- Chicken and Rice Instant Pot
- Baked Chicken Legs Recipe
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this creamy chicken vegetable soup which I make on a weekly basis. All the chicken lovers who are looking for easy chicken vegetable soup will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms. And do follow us on Tumblr, Pinterest, facebook, twitter, and Instagram.