Keto Chicken Taco Casserole – This low carb mexican chicken taco casserole is a game changer for your entire family. Throw all the ingredients together and enjoy this Mexican dish that is under 5g of net carbs.
Keto Chicken Taco Casserole Variations
- I used shredded cheddar cheese but you can use a blend of Monterey Jack and Colby cheeses if you want.
- You can use salsa verde or Cantina Style Salsa, which ever you prefer.
How To Make Homemade Taco Seasoning?
- 1/2 cup chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 1 Tbsp.oregano
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. pepper
- In an airtight container add all the ingredients and mix.
- For 1 packet of taco seasoning, you can use 2 tablespoons (makes 6 taco seasoning packets).
- Store up to 6 months stored at room temperature.
Keto Mexican Chicken Breast Casserole Topping Options
- Add extra salsa, pickled jalapeños, sour cream, shredded cheese
- Diced onions, tomatoes, cilantro, or even diced avocado!
Can You Freeze This Low Carb Chicken Taco Casserole?
Yes! Absolutely. You have two options:
- Bake it, completely cool the casserole, chill the casserole in the fridge, wrap tightly in plastic wrap, then in a double layer of foil, and freeze for upto 2-3 months.
- Freeze before baking, prepare the mixture up to the baking part. Put it into a plastic bag (freezer-friendly) with the air removed, and freeze for up to 2-3 months.
- When ready to eat, thaw it overnight and bake at 350F until it is hot and bubbly.
What To Serve With This Keto Mexican Chicken Taco Casserole?
You can serve it with salad and you can also enjoy the leftovers in a lettuce wrap. You can also serve this avocado or with a wedge of lime.
- 2 pounds Boneless, Skinless, Chicken Breast, Diced, Cooked (About 5 Cups)
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Salsa
- 1 ½ Cups Sour Cream
- 4 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning
- 1 12 Ounce Riced Cauliflower, Bag Frozen
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Jalapeno, chopped (about 1)
- ½ Cup Onion, Chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Take a large bowl, add chicken, cauliflower, onion, jalapeno, sour cream, salsa, and taco seasoning. Combine well.
- Spread evenly into a 9x13 dish and top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Put it into the preheated oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, broiling the last 1-2 minutes to brown the cheese on top.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 494Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 181mgSodium 988mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 3gSugar 7gProtein 55g
All Chicken Recipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although allchickenrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
- Keto Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- Low Carb Chicken Salad With Avocado
- Easy Keto Chicken Salad
- Low Carb Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Casserole
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this keto friendly chicken taco casserole which I make on a weekly basis. All the chicken lovers who are looking for low carb keto ground chicken taco casserole will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms.