Keto Chicken Taco Casserole – This low carb mexican chicken taco casserole is a game changer for your entire family. Throw all the ingredients together and enjoy this Mexican dish that is under 6g of net carbs.
Keto Chicken Taco Casserole Variations
- Use shredded cheddar, Colby cheeses, Mexican Cheese Blend, Taco Cheese, or a blend of Monterey Jack at your convenience.
- You can use Rotel Tomatoes With Green Chilies, salsa verde or Cantina Style Salsa, whichever you prefer.
How To Make Homemade Taco Seasoning?
- 1/2 cup chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 1 Tbsp.oregano
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. pepper
- In an airtight container add all the ingredients and mix.
- For 1 packet of taco seasoning, you can use 2 tablespoons (makes 6 taco seasoning packets).
- Store up to 6 months stored at room temperature.
Keto Mexican Chicken Breast Casserole Topping Options
- Add extra salsa, pickled jalapeños, sour cream, shredded cheese
- Diced onions, black olives, tomatoes, cilantro, or even diced avocado!
Can You Freeze This Low Carb Chicken Taco Casserole?
Yes! Absolutely. You have two options:
- Bake it, completely cool the casserole, chill the casserole in the fridge, wrap tightly in plastic wrap, then in a double layer of foil, and freeze for upto 2-3 months.
- Freeze before baking, prepare the mixture up to the baking part. Put it into a plastic bag (freezer-friendly) with the air removed, and freeze for up to 2-3 months.
- When ready to eat, thaw it overnight and bake at 350F until it is hot and bubbly.
What To Serve With This Keto Mexican Chicken Taco Casserole?
You can serve it with salad and you can also enjoy the leftovers in a lettuce wrap. You can also serve this avocado or with a wedge of lime.
Keto Chicken Taco Casserole
This low carb mexican chicken taco casserole is a game changer for your entire family. Throw all the ingredients together and enjoy this Mexican dish that is under 5g of net carbs.
- 2 pounds Chicken Breast, Cut into small bite size pieces (or leftover rotisserie chicken)
- 1 can RoTel Tomatoes With Green Chilies
- 1 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 4 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning
- 1 Bag Of Frozen Riced Cauliflower (about 12 Ounces)
- 1 medium Green Bell Pepper, Chopped
- ½ Cup Onion, Chopped
- 1 Cup Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend (or shredded cheddar, taco or Monterey Jack)
- Chopped green onions and olives
- Chopped cilantro or Hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat a pan or skillet over medium heat, add oil and cook the chicken for a few minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Once the chicken is cooked, transfer to a mixing bowl. Add cauliflower rice, sour cream, onion, bell pepper, Rotel, and taco seasoning. Mix well until well combined.
- In a 9x13 dish spread the chicken mixture evenly and top with shredded cheese.
- Put it into the preheated oven and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Once done, broil for about 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is brown from the top.
- Garnish with chopped green onions, cilantro, and black olives.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 479Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 180mgSodium 890mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 2gSugar 5gProtein 54g
All Chicken Recipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although allchickenrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
- Keto Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- Low Carb Chicken Salad With Avocado
- Easy Keto Chicken Salad
- Low Carb Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Casserole
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this keto friendly chicken taco casserole which I make on a weekly basis. All the chicken lovers who are looking for low carb keto ground chicken taco casserole will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms.