Keto Chicken Cacciatore – This easy low carb chicken cacciatore is full of Italian flavors loaded with tender, juicy chicken thighs, tomatoes, fish sauce, shallots, and other ingredients. This keto low carb chicken cacciatore can be made in a slow cooker or instant pot or even in a large pan.
Is Chicken Cacciatore Keto Friendly?
Yes! Just follow the instructions I have shared below in the recipe card. And regarding the traditional cacciatore chicken which I have already shared a few days back (check that out) contains lots of carbs almost 30-40 grams of carbs.
But the recipe we were making today is 100% keto approved!
Low Carb Chicken Cacciatore Crock Pot
- Season the chicken thighs/breasts with salt and pepper (both sides).
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat and add a tablespoon of oil.
- Sear the chicken for a few minutes until golden on each side, (make sure not to fully cook the chicken).
- Remove the chicken and place into the slow cooker.
- Add little more oil to the pan and the shallots and garlic and saute for 7 to 10 minutes or until browned.
- Now add the tomatoes, thyme, oregano, fish sauce, tomato puree, vinegar to the pan and stir all together until well combined.
- Pour it all over the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Open the lid add the olives.
Can You Make Ahead this Best Keto Chicken Cacciatore?
Yes, you can do both! Either make the recipe as instructed above, store it in an airtight container and put it into the refrigerator. When ready to eat, reheat in the stovetop or microwave.
Or you can make the veggies and store in the refrigerator, when ready to make throw them along with chicken into the slow cooker.
Keto Chicken Cacciatore Instant Pot
- Season both sides of the chicken with salt and black pepper.
- Turn on the instant pot to ‘saute’ mode.
- Add olive oil and sear the chicken for few minutes or until browned and transfer to a plate.
- Add the inner pot back to the pot, add more oil.
- Add in garlic, shallots, diced tomatoes, tomato puree, basil, oregano, thyme, salt, and black pepper. Saute for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken back to the pot. Secure the lid and set the timer to 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes do a quick release, open the lid and add olives.
What to Serve with this Easy Low Carb Chicken Cacciatore?
I like to serve this with cauliflower rice or over zucchini noodles or alongside a healthy salad. You can also serve this alongside roasted radishes, roasted broccoli, brussels sprouts or keto garlic bread.
- If you don’t have chicken thighs in hand then you can easily replace that with chicken breast.
- If you prefer a thicker stew, then after its done cooking, stir in xanthan gum and cook for another 4-5 minutes or until it thickens.
- If you don’t want to garnish with basil at the end then add the basil into the pan when adding spices.
Still Hungry! Try these other keto chicken recipes:
- Low Carb Chicken and Waffles
- Keto Chicken Stir Fry
- Low Carb Instant Pot Chicken Soup
- Keto Chicken Tacos Slow Cooker
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this low carb Italian chicken cacciatore which I make on a weekly basis. All the chicken lovers who are looking for keto chicken breast cacciatore will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms. And do follow us on Tumblr, Pinterest, facebook, twitter, and Instagram.