Keto General Tso Chicken – This low carb general tso chicken is a classic Chinese takeout dish that is way better than any restaurant for a perfect weeknight dinner, made with tender chicken and a spicy-sweet sauce served over steamed broccoli or cauliflower rice.
Can I Eat General Tso Chicken on Keto?
Yes of course, the easy low carb general tso chicken we are making today is 100% keto-friendly with just 4-5 grams of net carbs. Earlier I have shared the normal version (check that out) which contains a lot of carbs.
How to Make the Keto General Tso Chicken Sauce?
Normally we use ketchup, hoisin sauce and other ingredients which contains a lot of sugar and carbs, and to make it a keto-approved dish, we are just substituting few ingredients:
- Coconut aminos – I am using coconut aminos, you can also use low carb soy sauce, tamari sauce or liquid aminos (which is again a great soy sauce substitute)
- Hoisin sauce – Make sure to the low carb version or just skip it.
- Ketchup – Here I am using the Stevia Sweetened classic tomato ketchup (buy it here)
- Fish sauce – I love the flavor of this one, you can use Thai chili sauce instead.
- Brown sugar substitute – Make sure to use swerve sweetener or monk fruit sweeteners or any other sweetener of choice. (buy it here)
Can I Make Ahead this General Tso’s Chicken on Keto?
Yes, you can meal prep this low carb general tso chicken recipe in your free time. Gather all the ingredients, chop the vegetables and store them in airtight containers.
Can I Freeze This Low Carb General Tso Chicken and Broccoli?
Yes, cook them in batches and store the chicken and broccoli separately in airtight containers and put in the refrigerator for a week or freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, reheat them in the microwave or on a pan for a few minutes and eat it right away.
What to Serve With This is Keto Chinese General Tso’s Chicken?
I like to serve it over a bed of cauliflower rice, steamed or roasted broccoli, zucchini or any of your favorite low carb veggies. Also, check my other Chinese recipe of keto orange chicken with orange marmalade.
Still Hungry! Try these other keto chicken recipes:
- Keto Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken
- Low Carb Keto Chicken Alfredo Bake
- Low Carb Chicken Cacciatore
- Keto Stir Fry Chicken With Vegetables
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this keto friendly general tso chicken which I make on a weekly basis. All the chicken lovers who are looking for general tso chicken on keto will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms. And do follow us on Tumblr, Pinterest, facebook, twitter, and Instagram.