Chicken Ala King – This classic rich and creamy chicken ala king is the ultimate comforting food made with juicy tender chicken and creamy sauce served over rice or bread perfect for those busy weeknights.
What Is Chicken ala king?
Chicken à la King or King-style Chicken is a dish consisting of diced chicken in a creamy sauce, made with mushrooms, sherry, and vegetables, served over pasta, rice, or bread.
Can I Freeze this recipe?
Absolutely! I recommend to eat it fresh but this freezes very well. Wain until its cooked, the allow the chicken to cool completely, place them in a zip-top plastic bag or an airtight container and store in the freezer for up to 1-2 months.
What to serve this creamy chicken ala king?
I love to serve it over a bed of plain rice or brown rice, you can also serve it over biscuits, pasta, toast or puff pastry.
- You use any rotisserie or leftover chicken or use diced boneless, skinless chicken breasts – Season with salt and pepper, saute them in a pan or until cooked and tender.
- Make sure to cook the mushroom and flour a little long to avoid getting that raw flour-y flavor.
- If you don’t like or don’t have pimentos in hand, then use red jalapeños or diced red peppers.
- For mushrooms, you can use diced carrots, frozen corn, and chopped green beans or onions and celery
- Use half and half instead of heavy cream,
- You can also add sauteed onions or pearl onions.
Check my other comfort food recipes:
- Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- Chicken Vegetable Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken and Rice
- Chicken Fricassee
- Chicken Parmigiana
Still Hungry!! Try these chicken recipes:
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this Chicken ala King Recipe which I make on weekly basis. And if you like this recipe then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms. And do follow us on Facebook, twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, and Instagram. You may also like Hunan Chicken.