Chicken Ala King: This dish is a very good choice to serve to your favorite queen or king for any special occasion and one more thing that I like about this Chicken a la King recipe is that it is so easy to prepare, which is again perfect for any Chicken dinner ideas. Even Chicken ala king is perfect for a rotisserie chicken.
What Is Chicken ala king?
Chicken à la King or King-style Chicken is a dish consisting of diced chicken in a cream sauce, and often with mushrooms, sherry, and vegetables, served over pasta, rice, or bread. The sauce in this is so delicious and an excellent combo with your favorite rice or noodles.
How to make Chicken ala king?
- In a large saucepan or skillet, melt butter. Then add bell pepper & mushrooms and sauté for a few minutes.
- Transfer sautéed bell peppers & mushrooms to a plate.
- Melt more butter in the pan, then whisk in garlic powder, flour, salt and pepper, and cook, until smooth (stirring constantly).
- Continue by whisking in chicken stock & milk.
- On the simmer, stir until flour taste cooks out and the mixture gets thick.
- Stir in sautéed cut up chicken, peas, mushrooms and bell peppers and pimientos.
- Cook until warmed through and your Chicken ala king will be ready.
I am just wishing that if a waiter can serve this to me and this will make me feel like a king. Just like a king I want to enjoy this delicious dish.
If you want to make your Chicken A La King more luxurious then I highly recommend you to go with the full cream variation even though the low cream is also a good option if you are calorie conscious. Even though there will not a huge difference between creamy and low creamy but as this recipe name suggests Chicken ala King means you should feel like a king when eating this dish. So, Give this recipe a try and let me know in comments down below what you think!
Still Hungry!! Try these chicken recipes:
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this Chicken ala King Recipe which I make on weekly basis. All the Chicken Lovers who are looking for Chicken ala King will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms. And do follow us on facebook, twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, and Instagram. You may also like Hunan Chicken.